Monday, August 18, 2008

Prelude: Voice of the Soul

I spent several hours yesterday working on trying to add my music playlist into my blog—several hours because I am technologically-challenged. In the end, after more than a few frustrating tries, I gave up. It was midnight when I finally crawled into bed. Fortunately, I have a tech-savvy daughter. She came over this sunny day and did the paste job for me in less than thirty seconds. Thanks Dara!

Listening to this music as I have worked on the computer today has put me into a somewhat melancholy mood. As I began pondering which weighty topic I wanted to expound on first, the music sent my thoughts to the plight of motherless children, among an assortment of sad topics. Realizing that the music had fostered my melancholia, I wondered if some of these selections might be classified as just a tiny bit too “self-pitying” in tone . . . ?
[NOTE: Neither Bach's nor Yo-yo Ma's music is ever self-pitying!]

(To be continued . . . .)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sad topics are a good way to see into our inner souls.

Zaphod said...

Sentimentality is not always self-pitying; sometimes it is empathy.