Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nice . . . Frames?

I dashed out to WalMart to get a vinyl table cloth for the picnic table this morning in preparation for our backyard picnic on Saturday (the G-Ma's birthday). While there, I also picked up five picture frames that I thought might work ... of course, I can never find what I really have in mind ... nobody makes what I really want. But, I can be flexible. Sometimes.

When I got home, I inserted the pictures in the frames. Then I laid the pictures out in various groupings on the floor to see how I might like to put them on the wall. Then, as usual, half way through hammering nails in the wall and hanging pictures, I changed my mind. Eventually, my project was completed. Undoubtedly, they will have to be in place on the wall for at least a month before I will be able to decide if I like my grouping or not.

After I was finished with my hammering, the Knight came up to see what I had been up to. "Oh!" he exclaimed, as he admired my work. [... Work done nine years ago!! He thought I had just put up new curtains!] I was momentarily confused. When I told him those curtains had been there for nine years, he was momentarily confused. He couldn't recall ever having seen them!

Eventually, he turned around and saw the pictures on the wall. He said it was nice that those pictures finally had frames . . . . And then he hurried away to mow the lawn.

I can hardly wait to hear what the G-Ma has to say about the new pictures on the wall.

Maybe it will take nine years for other people to decide if they really like the grouping or not . . . . . . lol

4 comments:

Zaphod said...

Hey! I really try! I wanted to be observant and complementary. I'm just an old geezer than can't see anymore...... Wheeeere'd sheeeeee gooooo!

Katscratchme said...

Dad, you've never been especially observant... I'm sorry. SOMEone had to say it.

Anonymous said...

OOO! I am full of anticipation! I will come preparted to ooo and ahhh, mom. And, it's true, dad. Ever since I could remember, when you would describe someone, they were always short and smiley.

Trillium said...

... "short, round-faced, and smiley" LOL