Monday, December 22, 2008

Put On Your Thinking Caps!

“In Other Words”
Can you guess the names of these Christmas songs?

1. Tucked into a desolate point halfway to spring.

2. Winged beings belonging to effulgent kingdoms.

3. A chocolate-covered cake blithely floating above.

4. Questions come to me while I aimlessly rove.

5. A special winter day devoid of any color.

6. Ascend, Oh crook user and come after.

7. I won’t be off in some distant place when it’s time to open presents.

8. The smog-less bewitching hour arrived.

9. Leave and do an elevated broadcast.

10. That exiguous hamlet south of the holy city.

11. Oh, member of the round table with missing areas.

12. Cup-shaped instruments fashioned of a whitish metallic element.

13. May the Diety bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans.

14. Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals.

15. Tranquility upon the terrestrial sphere.

16. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.

17. Nocturnal time span of unbroken quietness.

18. An emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good given to the terrestrial sphere.

19. Diminutive, masculine master of skin covered percussionist cylinders.

20. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal and devout in their belief.

21. The Christmas preceding all others.

22. As the guardians of wooly animals protected their charges in the shadows of the Earth.

23. In a feeding trough for farm animals placed in a distant location.

24. 288 hours of Yuletide.

25. Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which stimulates my auditory sense organs?

5 comments:

Trillium said...

1. In the Bleak Mid-winter
2. Angels From the Realms of Glory
3. Ding! Dong! Merrily on High
4. I Wonder as I wonder
5. White Christmas
6. Rise Up Shepherd and Follow
7. I’ll Be Home for Christmas
8. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
9. Go Tell It On the Mountain
10. O Little Town of Bethlehem
11. O Holy Night
12. Silver Bells
13. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
14. Frosty the Snowman
15. Peace on Earth
16. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
17. Silent Night
18. Joy to the World
19. Little Drummer Boy
20. O, Come All Ye Faithful
21. The First Noel
22. As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night
23. Away in a Manger
24. The 12 Days of Christmas
25. Do You Hear What I Hear?

Anonymous said...

AARRGGGG! Those were hurting my brain...I think my favorite was "A chocolate-covered cake blithely floating above." LOL! Those were great! Did you come up with them yourself???

Trillium said...

No, they were in this morning's newspaper. :)

Jen said...

I've misplaced my thinking cap. I think I set it down somewhere while I was on the phone with the cable company for 45 min arguing with them about my cable bill. Blah.

inglech - the language the customer service people speak

Anonymous said...

LOL! Well, they were good enough that you could have come up with them. Smart people stuff.